BioResources International, a privately held global biotechnology company headquartered in Durham, NC, is looking to hire a Sales and Business Manager to act as the main sales manager in Mexico primarily, with support as needed for the rest of LATAM. The position will be the contact between potential distributor(s), potential customers and the company, developing relationships that enable a recognition and understanding of the customer’s needs that support business to customer interactions. The individual will work with the global key account manager and VP of Sales to transition newly established accounts into functioning relationships that provide smooth delivery of products to market. This delivery of products may entail working with internal resources such as Manufacturing and R&D to tactically coordinate solutions to technical or regulatory challenges. In addition, the position will provide ongoing direct or delegated customer support through coordinated efforts.
- Act as the primary liaison for the customers (distributors and end users) and provide Voice of the Customer (VOC) input / customer centric information for BRI.
- Operate as lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to customers, with the key goals of penetrating, expanding and protecting accounts while increasing BRI’s margins and profitability.
- Manage and solve conflicts with customers and provide or coordinate technical support for distribution partners and their customer’s needs. Troubleshoot any product complaints and in collaboration with balance of BRI team, push towards resolution in a timely manner.
- Establish, cultivate and manage customer relationship at multiple levels.
- Achieve assigned sales, account development, and other targets – by generating, forecasting and tracking metrics. Communicate clearly the progress of monthly / quarterly / annual initiatives
- Establish Sales budgets with the clients and company
- Play an integral role in new business pitches and responsibility for effective on-boarding of new clients
- Prepare, host and follow-up an annual strategic planning session with the customer
- Identify and communicate customer product and technology requirements to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure compliance with renewing or developing regulatory concerns.
- Support the sales and marketing requirements of distributors including training and joint sales calls.
- Work with Mexico-distributors and BRI resources to coordinate product registration efforts.
- Maintain accurate product sales forecast in conjunction with distribution partners and key customers.
- Support & work with Global KA Manager & VP of sales on customer payments and price calculations.
- Work to ensure overall customer satisfaction with product performance.
- Maintain a CRM database from industry including key influencers, customers, and prospects.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience / Qualifications:
- 7-10 years’ experience in field related to feed enzymes, processing, production and delivery required.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biological science, nutrition, business or related field required, preferably an advanced degree in animal nutrition or related field (Ph.D., M.S or DVM).
- Fluent in written & spoken English and Spanish is a must
- Knowledge & experience in the Mexican, and preferably other Latin-America feed markets, is a must.
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to travel, both domestically and internationally often (approximately 40% of the time).
Behaviors & Key Performance Factors
- Strong oral & written communication skills. The ability to communicate on issues to a broad audience
- Strong Time / Project Management Skills
- Strong technical knowledge in the field
- Adaptable / Flexible
- Strong interpersonal skills
BRI is specialized in the research, development and manufacture of high-performance enzyme and probiotics feed additives that help poultry and swine producers optimize animal nutrition and gut health.
Our products are effective tools for managing rising feed costs and variable feed ingredient quality in a way that is safe for animals, humans and the environment. The solutions presented to the animal feed industry have a profound impact, resulting in a significant reduction in feed costs while sustaining optimum production. Such solutions improve the overall nutritional performance of monogastric animals while reducing the impact of moderate disease challenges.
The company actively engages in collaboration with scientists and entrepreneurs for discovery, development and commercialization within our core applications areas, as well as in partnership with forward-thinking companies targeting complementary applications of our technology platforms.
This position is subject to have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
This position entails high travel (at least 40%) both domestic and international
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
This position operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Location/Region: Durham, NC