At Recursion, we combine experimental biology, automation and artificial intelligence to quickly and efficiently identify treatments for human diseases. The Compound Management Manager is responsible for the Compound Management Laboratory at Recursion. This laboratory maintains a library of hundreds of thousands of compounds used throughout Recursion’s HTS and preclinical assays. The Manager of Compound Management will partner with scientists and lead all aspects of mass compound acquisition, storage, quality control and distribution in support of drug discovery at Recursion.
THE PROBLEMS YOU’LL SOLVE
The high-level job description has only one item: do whatever is necessary to achieve our mission of decoding biology to radically improve lives. Day to day we expect the successful candidate to:
- Communicate with partners, vendors, and internal scientists to design standard processes for compound handling
- Hire, train and mentor technicians and associates
- Partner with Chemists, Biologists, and Data Scientists to assess the quality of our library over time.
- Design systems and workflows that will allow for screening of a wide variety of different compounds including small molecules, biologics, and genetic perturbants.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- Experience working in a Compound Management Laboratory maintaining >100,000 compounds delivered to multiple screening groups.
- Demonstrated ability to implement complex workflows in an automated laboratory environment using Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Deep understanding of chemical structure, and various measurement systems
- PhD in Chemistry preferred
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums (in most cases 100%)
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter) in addition to flexible, generous vacation/sick leave
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters
- Gleaming 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 65-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking
WHAT WE DO
Recursion is reinventing the pharmaceutical industry’s approach to drug discovery. Our unique platform combines the most advanced biology, high-throughput automation, and artificial intelligence to rapidly discover treatments for rare diseases, diverse immune and inflammatory diseases and new indications in the future ...
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Check out what it is like to work at Recursion:https://youtu.be/UpOENLieOd8
Location/Region: Salt Lake City