Proveris Scientific is looking for a Field Service Engineer, who has professional expertise in supporting life science tools, and software systems. In this role, you would be responsible for providing customer service, training, and deployment of Proveris Scientific Corporation’s technology, including instruments and software, to key customers throughout the world who may operate in FDA regulated environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize electronic, mechanical, fluidic, science, and software skills to perform installation, maintenance, and repair on a wide variety of electromechanical and optical equipment.
- Coordinate product installation and scheduled maintenance service schedules with customer
- Work with customers to document and execute product deployment plans in the field including installation and operational qualifications for our solutions, and remote database/workstation setup and configuration
- Install, service, and perform repairs on Proveris’s software and instrument
- Train customers on the proper use of Proveris software and instruments either remotely and/or during routine maintenance. This training includes:
- System operation and maintenance
- Recommended spare parts
- Explanation of warranty
- Explanation of service options
- Provide technical support for customers on the use of Proveris solutions and help maintain the company’s knowledge base of customer support issues.
- Provide customer feedback to the Technical Support Manager and other functional areas of the company including customer service, sales, management, product development, and operations.
- Create and maintain technical support procedures and servicing documentation.
- Track and update service activities in company’s CRM application.
- Serve as a support person for special projects.
- Respond to technical support inquiries.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers to serve as primary technical support contact at Proveris
- Serve as primary technical support contact for technical support subcontractors.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the organization’s ISO 9001:2015 certified quality management system.
- Travel, both nationally and internationally, typically 50-60%.
- Valid passport and driver’s license required.
- 1-3+ years of hands-on, top-down product deployment experience including software and instruments, preferably in an internationally recognized quality management system (i.e., ISO 9001 or cGxP) environment.
- Experience interfacing with enterprise level relational database management systems (e.g., Oracle or SQL Server), would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a sales and service organization providing top-notch customer service and support, preferably to pharmaceutical or biotech organizations.
- Experience with international travel and customers would be highly-sought.
- High degree of manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude in repairing and maintaining sophisticated electro-mechanical instruments that incorporate computer-based technologies and software.
- Language proficiency: English (primary).
- Excellent time/task management, interpersonal communications, and writing skills with high attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and salesforce.com or other modern CRM applications for documenting, tracking and planning servicing activities.
- “Hands on” personality with a proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated and self-sufficient.
- Extensive troubleshooting skillset with computer systems running on Windows 7 & 10 and Oracle databases.
- Ability to work with a focused, core group of peers and independently is essential.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and help maintain/build customer relationships.
- Desire to be part of a growing, fast-paced company.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or work experience equivalent in an engineering, science, or technology-oriented discipline.
- Take ownership of your own performance and success.
- Exemplify leadership.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in accordance with your signed Confidentiality/Non-Compete Agreement.
- Maintain a professional demeanor in all interactions.
- Maintain a professional appearance with attention to clean, appropriate attire and good grooming practices.
- Heed and practice Proveris’s values and principles.
Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, or crawl; talk, hear; taste and/or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
Work Environment:Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment and site conditions.
he above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The statements are also not intended to be a contract or a limitation of responsibilities.