Research Scientist, Immunology – Cancer Biology
Location: Cambridge, MA
Kronos Bio seeks a highly motivated Research Scientist to join its drug discovery team located in Cambridge, MA. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, this individual will be expected to harness their strong background in immunology/immuno-oncology to help guide strategic scientific decisions and research program development. The applicant is expected to have a robust experimental skill set, an eagerness for learning, and contribute to a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration in a fast-paced environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide functional area expertise in immunology/immuno-oncology as a member of the Biology team.
- Work within project teams and across functional groups to drive key elements of the discovery and preclinical development of novel cancer immunotherapies.
- Independently design, optimize, and execute flow cytometry-based immunological assays to characterize lead compounds and their effects on anti-tumor immune responses.
- Use a repertoire of in vitro assays (ELISA, qPCR, Nanostring, western blotting) to further define the MOI of lead molecules and the biology of novel targets.
- Identify and implement new experimental techniques as required to answer critical scientific questions and advance programs.
- Use literature survey to solve specific research problems.
- Actively contribute to a focused, team-oriented atmosphere providing assistance and/or guidance to colleagues when needed.
- Maintain high standards of laboratory safety
- Perform research in compliance with all applicable regulatory and guidelines, as informed by supervisor.
- PhD in immunology or related field with 0-2 years of industry or postdoctoral research experience (industry/biotech experience preferred).
- Expertise in basic immunological techniques such as isolation and culture of primary cells, multi-color flow cytometry, and cytokine profiling.
- Experience establishing ex vivo functional immune assays such as T cell proliferation, suppression, and cytotoxicity assays.
- Extensive knowledge of T cell biology, including regulatory T cells, and mechanisms of immune suppression is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and able to balance multiple tasks or projects.
- Diligent with details and timely execution and delivery of high-quality results.
- Familiarity with analysis of genomic and gene expression data sets.
- Highly analytical mind, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and rigorous experimental record keeping using an ELN system are critical.
- Collaborative, proactive and optimistic personality.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Kronos Bio, Inc., is dedicated to the research and development of first-in-class therapies that modulate historically “undruggable” cancer targets. Leveraging industry-leading research into high-throughput screening strategies for chemical modulators of transcription factors and other challenging targets in oncology, Kronos Bio utilizes its small molecule microarray (SMM) platform and extensive know-how in biological assay development to pursue novel therapies against some of the most important and intractable targets in cancer research .
Location/Region: Cambridge, MA (02138)