Our client, a private, religiously-based University, is seeking a talented product manager with development skills to serve as Assistant Director of Online Communications/User Experience. This position is part of the Online Communications team and reports to the Senior Director of Online Communications. This team is responsible for establishing and enforcing online brand standards throughout the University's websites. In this role, you also serve as a consultant regarding best practices in information architecture, user journeys, SEO, design, accessibility, online communications, and content management. This is a direct hire opportunity in New York, NY.
Assistant Director of Online Communications Responsibilities:
- Apply design thinking and human-centered design principles to digital communications.
- Deliver high quality tested code that follows engineering best practices.
- Participate as a primary stakeholder in planning the product roadmap and managing priorities.
- Work with University Information Technology and outside vendors to resolve technical issues and improve site/system performance.
- Maintain the accessibility of web properties and champion accessibility to the wider University community.
- Develop and maintain cross-client responsive email templates.
- Oversee data integrations between digital communications properties and other relevant systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve potential bugs and inefficiencies.
- Direct and supervise the work of student workers as necessary.
- Communicate and train other team members on web and email functionalities.
- Additional duties as needed.
Assistant Director of Online Communications Requirements/Skills:
- 4+ years of professional experience writing semantic HTML5 and modern SCSS for responsive applications.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Empathy with the many different types of users who interact with the University's site.
- Deep understanding of cross-browser and cross-email-client compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficiency with ADA compliance.
- Experience developing within and extending CMS frameworks.
- Experience with user testing and user-centered design.
- Experience with SEO.
- Familiarity with RESTful API integration.
- Familiarity with modern build tools and version control.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to convey technical concepts to stakeholders and other non-technical staff.
- Willingness to learn and champion the University's mission and identity.
Job ID: 317770AP
About this company
Cella is an award-winning leader in consulting, staffing and managed solutions for creative, marketing, digital and proposal development teams.
Location/Region: New York, NY (10023)