Premier Outpatient Surgery Center specializes in Orthopedic Surgery, Spine, Pain Management, Otolaryngology, Podiatry and Plastic/Reconstruction Surgery. Our Center is one of the top multi- specialty surgery centers in the Inland Empire and is conveniently located near the 10 and 215 freeway junction. Premier has successfully been treating patients since 2001. We are proud to offer not only the latest in cutting edge technology but also a talented family of physicians, clinical personnel and business office staff. Our facility and staff are dedicated to delivering the best in quality ambulatory surgical care for our patients.
We are currently searching for a Full – Time Collector to work Mondays – Fridays who can work cooperatively with staff and perform a variety of tasks. The position is responsible for collecting patient and payer balances. The duties include but are not limited to the follow-up of accounts, verifying and updating information and assisting in completing special projects during month-end and year-end financial reporting process.
- Follow-up on open balances listed on monthly AR reports.
- Review and update patient demographics and payer information as necessary for completion of claims payment.
- Verify balances to turnover to the designated collection agency and update the account as turnover to collections.
- Review credit balances for refund request form completion and notates the accounts.
- Responsible for transferring balances and printing claims and/or patient statements.
- Generate correspondence to payers and patients such as appeals, payments and authorization requests.
- Document all communications regarding account balance follow-up in the patient account.
- Charge entry along with submission of claims electronically or via paper
- Strong knowledge of CPTs and ICD10 codes
- Familiarity with online clearinghouse, submissions and rejections
- Attend in-services, seminars and webinars for additional education and performance improvement.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
Successful candidate will pass a background check and drug screen.
High school education or GED with minimum of two (2) years’ experience in accounts receivables collections preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology and managed care billing guidelines is required. ASC Billing Experience a major plus.
Must have excellent time management skills and be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualifications Skills Behaviors : Motivations : Education
High School or better. Experience
Knowledge of medical terminology and managed care billing guidelines 2 years: Experience in accounts receivables collections Licenses & Certifications
Location/Region: Colton, CA