Job ID R124 Full / Part Time:Full time
The Director of Marketing & Digital Strategy is responsible for developing and implementing the marketing and digital strategy (in partnership with the Vice President) and to ensure that it aligns with overall Baystate Health goals and objectives, with overall accountability for delivering high-quality and timely strategic marketing and digital services in a collegial consultative manner.
1) Stay abreast of and interpret market and industry trends, competitive analysis and digital analytics; combined with a deep knowledge of traditional; digital, web (internet and intranet), mobile and social marketing and communication channels to develop and implement meaningful marketing strategies and plans with clinical service line leaders and medical staff leadership throughout BH to help clients increase and retain customers and meet objectives.
2) Provide sound business justification for marketing and digital investments (based on market and consumer trends, best available data, audience and expert insights, past campaign data, and best practices); present recommendations for approval. Develop and track metrics for monitoring investment success
3) In partnership with Vice President, oversee development, coordination and monitoring of integrated marketing and digital strategy plans in support of ongoing multi-year strategic plans and priorities. Ensure all initiatives meet quality, time and budget guidelines specified. Work with team members to maintain the highest levels of quality, customer service, and collaboration in developing, implementing, and evaluating comprehensive outcomes-based marketing and digital plans (including advertising, media buying, agency management and selection, digital media, management of free-lance writing, design and publications consultants, and outcomes reporting). Oversee development, production, distribution and evaluation of all marketing deliverables, traditional and on-line content and materials to be sure they are accurate, maintain all nomenclature and graphic standards, clearly communicate the intended image and brand message and meet the marketing goals. Assure marketing fulfillment, monitoring and evaluation with Access Call Center operations.
4) Direct the design, appearance and content of the System’s website, intranet and relevant portals in conformance with contemporary best practices and informed by customer feedback and testing. Work collaboratively with IT team to assure technical capabilities of the web and portal systems are delivered in an appropriate and timely manner. Manage updates and new releases as needed.
5) Clearly establish targets for each marketing and digital plan or campaign, and monitor in a disciplined fashion to demonstrate value-added outcomes. Continually engage with team members to monitor the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and find ways to achieve business and marketing objectives more efficiently and effectively, regularly communicating the results to clients and the wider marketing and communications team to issue recommendations to refine future marketing and customer relationship strategies.
6) Deepen the relationship with customers by creating or collaborating on communications that foster dialogue, and provide a demonstrably richer experience - allowing customers to be closer to our brands including but not limited to Social Marketing (Facebook, Twitter), Video, Blogs, Forums, Chats, links, etc.
7) Develop, disseminate, update and monitor marketing and digital policies and procedures to ensure all marketing and digital materials and activities meet legal and ethical guidelines. Sets proper application and guidelines for the use of nomenclature, grammar, graphics, logos and human resources policies to ensure all marketing materials meet legal and ethical guidelines. Adhere to service mark policies and procedures for Baystate Health names and branded entities.
8) In partnership with the Vice President, retain, develop, manage, and maintain a high-performing marketing and digital team, by facilitating training, development planning, coaching, and managing performance of direct and indirect reporting relationships. Maintain high team engagement as measured by Press-Ganey.
9) Manage the day-to-day operations of Marketing & Digital Strategy, including all human resources, budget-related, project management oversight, and other issues. Assess team challenges, client management situations, and/or organizational dynamics and proactively employ appropriate actions to quickly resolve problems and ensure projects/objectives are achieved.
10) Represent Marketing & Digital Strategy at various corporate and community forums, inter-departmental teams/committees. Serve as a representative of Baystate Health at external functions, boards and meetings in the community.
Required Work Experience:
1) 10 years of account and/or project management experience in an agency, advertising or marketing organization including 3+ years of experience with digital campaigns/development, and 3+ years experience in leadership/management
2) Experience in working in a health care or physician environment is a plus
3) Experience with Vignette and/or MedSeek platforms a plus
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Successful track record of managing and developing employees for at least 3-5 years
Skills and Competencies:
1) * Represents values of Baystate Health
Education:Bachelor of Science: Business Administration/Management (Required), Master of Business Admin: Business Administration/ManagementLanguages:Certifications:Work Experience:Competencies:Responsibilities:Skills:
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA