Job Category: Full-time/Exempt
Division: AACR Project GENIE Coordinating Center
Reports to: Director, AACR Project GENIE Coordinating Center
The AACR has more than 46,000 members in 127 countries and territories around the world; over 31% percent of members live outside the United States. Twenty percent of AACR’s international members are located in countries with emerging economies. Its mission is to prevent and cure all cancers. The programs and activities of the AACR foster the exchange of new knowledge among scientists and physicians in the cancer field as well as in related biomedical sciences. AACR publishes eight peer-reviewed scientific journals and an award-winning magazine for cancer patients and their loved ones; convenes topical scientific conferences and an annual meeting that draws more than 22,500 participants; offers educational workshops that train young investigators in a variety of scientific and clinical areas; funds fellowships, career development awards, and research grants for both senior and junior investigators; raises public awareness of the progress in and reasons for hope in the biology, detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer; engages actively in advocacy for increased federal research funding and other national policies that accelerate progress against cancer; and interacts with regulatory agencies to support regulatory science and policy.
About the Project:
AACR Project Genomics, Evidence, Neoplasia, Information, Exchange (GENIE) is a publicly accessible international cancer registry of real-world data assembled through data sharing between 19 of the leading cancer centers in the world. Through the efforts of strategic partners Sage Bionetworks and cBioPortal, the registry aggregates, harmonizes, and links clinical-grade, next-generation cancer genomic sequencing data with clinical outcomes obtained during routine medical practice from cancer patients treated at these institutions with the goal of improving clinical decision making and catalyzing clinical and translational research.
The Project Coordinating Center is seeking an experienced relationship manager who works with both our partners in the biopharmaceutical sector, as well as the Participating Institutions to ensure that all parties are deriving value from the data, as well as their participation in the Project. The candidate must be able to work both independently and in teams within a fast-paced startup-like environment. The ideal candidate is an experienced and highly organized individual with an understanding of the biopharma sector, able to understand the needs of the various project stakeholders and collaboratively develop solutions.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead strategic engagement to develop and nurture long-term, enterprise-wide partnerships with our biopharma, as well as academic consortium partners.
- Master the project’s offerings and be able to reliably represent how our capabilities can be used to ensure our biopharma research collaborators derive maximal value from our collaboration.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for our biopharma research collaborators and ensure effective routine engagement.
- Use your mastery of the project’s offerings and capabilities to collaboratively develop solutions to address the emerging research needs of our biopharma collaborators leading to new sponsored research proposals.
- Act as the voice of the customer and collaborate with the internal team to identify opportunities to enhance our existing offerings or develop new offerings.
- Work closely with the Coordinating Center team to ensure all project goals are met or exceeded.
- Contribute to the growth, continued improvement, and future development of the project.
- Willingness to travel as needed, estimated 10-15%.
- Cancer scientist, physician, health informatician, epidemiologist/population health researcher, or related with background and extensive working knowledge in cancer genomics, bioinformatics, clinical data, data science, or related fields.
Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed, detail-oriented, flexible, and data driven.
5+ years of biopharma experience in roles with increasing responsibility or in client-facing roles delivering products, services or analyses to biopharma companies, in organizations such as: life sciences-oriented consulting firm; healthcare focused analytics and/or outcomes research firm; or a healthtech firm.
Proven track record of managing multiple and large projects.
Proven ability to work with large, diverse teams of clinicians, scientists, and bioinformaticians/data scientists.
Proven ability to coordinate multiple, simultaneous, and diverse workflows, as well as deadlines.
Track record of success in developing long-term business relationships with biopharma companies and experience owning high-profile client relationships.
Prior experience collaborating with HEOR, Data Science, and R&D professionals.
Prior experience using real-world clinical data; prior oncology experience a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA