Protein expression and purification Research Associate / Scientist – Lexington, MA
APPLY HERE: https://alloytherapeutics.applytojob.com/apply
About Alloy Therapeutics
Alloy Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing and commercializing drug discovery platforms and services. Alloy was founded in 2018 with North American research and corporate headquarters in Boston, MA and European research headquarters at Granta Park in Cambridge, UK. Alloy works with partners ranging from scientist entrepreneurs in academia and seed stage biotech startups, to small and medium sized biotechs and Fortune 50 biopharma. At Alloy, we believe our industry should compete on getting the best drugs to patients as quickly as possible, not exclusive access to the best platforms. Our mission is to make medicine together by working collaboratively with the global scientific and business community.
Alloy is a private company, controlled by our scientists. Alloy has a long-term focus, backed by a single-family office and visionary venture capital firms: Thiel Capital and 8VC. The team and company are rapidly expanding; successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust and open communication. As a team we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization to always maintain our nimble, startup culture.
MAY THE BEST DRUG WIN.
About Protein expression and purification Research Associate / Scientist – Lexington, MA
Our Alloy Research Services group is looking for a protein expression and purification expert to join our team in Lexington, Massachusetts. The position will report directly to our Lead Protein Production and Purification Scientist and work with our Alloy Research Services team to support our discovery work and develop new discovery platform technologies. You will be using the very latest technologies and equipment for protein expression and purification with the ultimate goal of helping others to make better medicines.
- Supporting in vivo human antibody discovery efforts on partner discovery projects using our proprietary transgenic mouse platform, the Alloy-Gx Mouse
- Executing and improving transient transfection and protein expression protocols using HEK293 and CHO cells at small and medium scale (24-well plates, shake flasks)
- Purifying antibodies and protein reagents using Protein A and other chromatographic approaches
- Optimizing protein expression vectors for antigens, protein reagents and antibodies
- Performing basic analytical and functional characterization of purified material
- Being generous when others are greedy or fearful
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- B.A/M.S with 3-5 years of experience in cellular, mammalian, or molecular biology with a focus on mammalian protein production and purification
- Demonstrated expertise in transient protein production
- Familiarity with AKTA chromatography systems
- Hands on experience with basic analytical characterization (HPLC, endotoxin testing, SDS-PAGE)
- Experience in cell line engineering is a plus
- Liquid handler experience is a plus
- Attention to detail, rigorous scientific thinking and appropriate documentation, clear communication
- A sense of innovation, urgency, speed, and persistence
- Competitive base salary based on the position and your experience level
- Significant opportunities for advancement inside Alloy and through our partner companies
- Equity compensation in a company with incredible growth potential and a 30+ year plan
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered by Alloy
- Flexible schedule, unlimited vacation as long as the job gets done, medical leave including time caring for sick family members, and parental leave all built around our team-driven philosophy
- Commitment to your career through individualized professional development plan for all employees to ensure good role and skill fit either at Alloy or your next biotech company
- Additional benefits including adoption support, IVF/PGT support, compensated time for bone marrow donation, continuing education, leadership development and others
Location/Region: Lexington, MA