Internal applicants must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
The College of Medicine Medical Sciences Baccalaureate Program is seeking an Assistant Director of Undergraduate Programs for the following:
Essential Function: Under general supervision from a designated administrator, assist with the administration and direction of a multifunctional department or center.
- Assist with development, implementation and administration of goals to achieve strategic objectives; assume management responsibility for a wide range of projects/tasks associated with primary business operations and/or corporate relations that have significant impact within the business function.
- Develop internal policies, procedures, controls, and manage processes to increase internal business and/or external corporate partnerships and advance service levels; responsible for policy execution and results that enrich the department center, the campus and the university; consults with Director on major policy changes affecting other departments.
- May be responsible for coordinating a function or program(s) with significant impact on external relations.
- May be responsible for collaborating efforts with administrative and academic units (i.e., Public Relations, Academic Colleges, Foundation, etc.) to enhance business/community partnerships.
- Assist with preparation of annual unit operating budget recommendations; develop, implement and monitor assigned budgets; limited signature authority for purchases and payroll.
- Prepare reports, disseminate/interpret information, provide advice, write proposals, deliver presentations, construct contractual agreements, and ensure that all programs and services comply with university, state and federal regulations.
- Communicate and assist students, parents, corporate partners resolve questions and complex issues; represent the university internally and externally.
- Assist with administrative leadership and supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff; hire, orient, train, mentor and evaluate assigned staff; monitor and coordinate staff development and training programs.
- Serve on various university, division and departmental committees and may represent the department at various state and national associations; may function for the Director or Associate Director in his/her absence, as required.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
Minimum Requirements: Masters degree with five (5) years experience in higher education - OR - Bachelors degree with ten (10) years experience. Experience must be in a related field, and include at least two (2) years supervision.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS Nearest Major Market:
Cincinnati Job Segment:
Manager, Medical, Program Manager, Payroll, Medicare, Management, Healthcare, Finance
About this company
Founded in 1819 as Cincinnati College, it is the oldest institution of higher education in Cincinnati and has an annual enrollment of over 44,000 students, making it the second largest university in Ohio and one of the 50 largest universities in the United States.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH