Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. In partnership with the UC Health academic healthcare system and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, College of Medicine’s doctors are transforming the world of medicine every day. The Department of General Internal Medicine is a top-tier department with world-renowned faculty and staff. With world-class research, teaching and medical practice opportunities, why not choose the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine?
The Division of General Medicine is looking for Primary Care Physicians licensed in the state of Ohio to provide primary care services in one of our outpatient clinics located in the Greater Cincinnati area. Preferred applicants would have adolescent and/or adult medicine experience.
- Diagnose diseases or study medical conditions using techniques such as gross pathology, histology, cytology, cytopathology,
clinical chemistry, immunology, flow cytometry, and molecular biology.
- Write reports summarizing analyses, results, and conclusions.
- Identify the etiology, pathogenesis, morphological change, and clinical significance of diseases.
- Analyze and interpret results from tests.
- Document findings, plan, and actions taken according to departmental guidelines and standards.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant medical/legal issues that impact on patient care.
- Maintain records and statistics in accordance with department policies. Attend and participate in staff, committee, department,
and other administrative meetings.
- Participate in department’s continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Provide education to other health care professionals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Licensed in the State of Ohio prior to start; MD or DO in related field. Board certified or board eligible in applicable field. Active DEA license.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP). The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS Nearest Major Market:
Cincinnati Job Segment:
Network, Pathology, Immunology, Lab Technician, Medical, Technology, Healthcare
About this company
Founded in 1819 as Cincinnati College, it is the oldest institution of higher education in Cincinnati and has an annual enrollment of over 44,000 students, making it the second largest university in Ohio and one of the 50 largest universities in the United States.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH