Our Purpose: EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now: We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
SQZ Biotechnologies is seeking to expand our team by recruiting a Sr. Scientist/Principal Scientist with a track record in immunology and infectious disease. The successful candidate will help shape the strategy, identify key differentiators, and be responsible for driving milestone completion against aggressive timelines. The successful candidate will effectively and routinely collaborate with colleagues on different projects and regularly present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and leadership at SQZ Biotechnologies.
- Design, plan, and execute complex in vivo and ex vivo assays to evaluate anti-pathogen immune responses in preclinical models
- Develop novel preclinical models of infectious disease to investigate SQZ immunotherapies with the goal of advancing projects into clinical development
- Manage/lead therapeutically focused external collaborations
- Design flow cytometry (FACS) panels and perform analysis on immune cells and tissues
- Mentor scientists and research associates
- Generate technical reports
- Manage and support external collaborations as a subject matter expert
- Prepare presentations for internal and external meetings
- Participate in an interactive, team-oriented culture, interfacing primarily with a variety of project teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to contribute effectively in a cross-functional role
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team consisting of a diverse group of science and engineering professionals
- Work well within a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented start-up environment
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- PhD in immunology, virology, microbiology, or related discipline is required
- Minimum of 3 years post-doctoral experience for Senior Scientist and at least 7 years experience required for Principal Scientist
- Industry experience preferred
- Ability to independently design and perform in vivo efficacy studies in infectious disease models
- Strong background in ex vivo primary cell culture is recommended
- Skilled in ex vivo and in vitro assays involving complex immune cell culture systems, quantification of pathogen load, flow cytometry, ELISA, ELISPOT, and intracellular cytokine staining
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Location/Region: Watertown, MA (02472)