Our Purpose: EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now: We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
SQZ Biotechnologies is looking for a highly motivated, collaborative, and dynamic Research Associate for our Immune Tolerance team within the Exploratory Department. This role is an opportunity to focus on developing novel antigen-specific tolerance therapies for autoimmune diseases and gene therapies. The scope of this work will encompass planning and execution of in vivo and in vitro experiments for various research projects. This position requires effective collaboration within the Tolerance team and regular presentation of scientific results.
- Contribute to experimental design and perform experiments in a timely manner to meet project goals
- Maintain animal inventory and plan and perform in vivo studies using murine models
- Deliver biomolecules to cells using the SQZ device
- Meticulously execute bench work, analyze data, troubleshoot, and communicate findings
- Perform in vitro assays using multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA, ELISPOT, and various tissue culture techniques
- Procure, organize, and maintain inventory of materials needed for experiments
- Maintain a lab notebook and contribute to supporting documentation
- Contribute to the collective success of the Tolerance team
- Work with skilled teams in a fast-paced, collaborative, and technical research environment
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Work independently and manage multiple experiments simultaneously
- Execute and troubleshoot experiments
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and present data
- Effectively plan and organize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines
- Possess excellent organizational skills and “can-do” attitude
- BS/MS in biology, immunology, or relevant scientific field
- At least one year of cumulative experience in hypothesis-driven research setting required
- Prior experience with in vivo models strongly preferred; comfort with in vivo models necessary
- Expertise in aseptic techniques
- Experience acquiring and analyzing flow cytometry data
- Experience with standard immunological assays and familiarity with basic molecular biology techniques
- Experience working with hematological materials preferred
- Experience with GraphPad Prism or similar statistical software preferred
- Comfort with learning in vivo techniques required. Experience with in vivo techniques preferred
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. SQZ does not support relocation for this role.
Location/Region: Watertown, MA (02472)