Covaxx, a subsidiary of the UBI Group, has joined the fight against COVID-19 and is rapidly developing precision antibody-based assays and vaccine candidates needed to successfully manage and slow the rate of the outbreak. As a result, Covaxx is quickly expanding to meet aggressive development and production goals, and is seeking to immediately hire a Production Manager to arrange and coordinate production activities according to the production schedule. S/he will assure that all manufacturing processes are carried out in compliance with GMP and according to approved documented procedures and corresponding Standard Operating Proceduress.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for all production activities, including but not limited to, raw material procurement, planning, scheduling and execution of production. Working with the QA/QC analysts, the Production Manager will also ensure all production process are documented, validated, and executed accurately according to ICH, cGMP and ISO requirements.
Additional responsibilities will include overseeing and assisting in:
- Raw material release for manufacturing including organic solvent
- Production raw material inventory maintenance and purchases
- Sterility tests for APIs and vaccines
- Vaccine production for human and animal trials
- Environmental monitoring
- EIA kit preparation for both R&D and commercial users
- Assisting immunology/immunochemistry group with performing EIA assays for animal sera
- Preparation of common reagents for R&D production
- Maintenance of API (peptide) and vaccine inventory
- Review and handle all in-process manufacturing documents
- Assist in product transfer from R&D to manufacturing operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
- 3+ years of GMP manufacturing experience within the life sciences industry
- Must have excellent and proven skills in planning, organizing, negotiating and time-managing.
- Able to attend to detail and act decisively.
- Must have experience in equipment validation
All candidates must be willing to work on a full-time basis at Covaxx’s headquarters in Hauppauge, New York.
By submitting your resume through this posting, you are authorizing the review of your resume, including name and contact information, solely by Covaxx, Inc. and/or its authorized representative as a prospective candidate for the position described. Your submission will be deemed strictly confidential, and in no circumstance will your personal information be provided to any other individual or company without your written consent.
For further information go to: covid19searchpartners.com.
Long Island, Nassau County, Brooklyn, Queens, Brookhaven, Medford, Smithtown
Location/Region: Hauppauge, NY