Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our approach is changing the game and pioneering a new future in our industry. We are working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Would you like to help us lead the Revolution?
The Impact You’ll Make
- Manage a portfolio of alliances ranging from large, complex discovery partnerships to asset-licensing agreements in support of Recursion’s pipeline expansion
- Operationalize and steer each alliance through joint governance committees to ensure effectiveness, appropriate communication, and coordination of activities towards alliance objectives
- Identify and proactively tackle risks that arise from contractual complications or partner differences, and working diplomatically to resolve issues in an equitable and timely manner
- Monitor and track compliance with financial and non-financial obligations, such as milestones and royalties, publications, IP, and diligence efforts, and working with internal and external counterparts to amend or extend contracts as needed
- Orchestrate cross-functional, internal due diligence on prospective asset in- licensing opportunities
The Team You’ll Join
As Director of Alliance Management, you will be a core member of the Recursion Development Team reporting to the VP of Business Development and Corporate Initiatives. The Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of business development and clinical development (e.g. CMC, Regulatory, Tox) professionals responsible for scouting, securing, and building partnerships that feed Recursion’s early discovery platform and clinical stage pipeline. In your role, you will work with colleagues across the Recursion organization (e.g. Biology, HTS, Data Science), mobilizing resources to ensure partnership and program success. To be successful, you will need self-initiative, a collaborative mindset, and the ability to transparently communicate with organization team members at all levels.
The Experience You’ll Need
- BS/BA in Life Sciences
- Advanced degree (MBA, PharmD, PhD) preferred
- Minimum 5 years of applicable drug development experience
- At least 2-years experience in alliance management, project management, business development, licensing or another relevant discipline with significant, direct interactions with external partners
- Knowledge the drug development process, particularly in early discovery research through development stages, to enable meaningful dialogue with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Experience with contractual agreements and governance structure, terms and obligations and the ability to translate the terms in a way that is understood by colleagues and team members
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Unlimited vacation/sick leave
- Onsite daycare facility
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our new headquarters
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
About this company
We are a company at the intersection of technology and life sciences that prioritizes impact, inclusion and cross-functional collaboration with the intention of radically improving the lives of patients and our people.
At Recursion you will find an environment where you can do your best work and be supported and challenged by colleagues to solve some of the hardest and most meaningful problems facing humanity today.
Location/Region: Salt Lake City