Located in South Dakota’s largest city, Sioux Falls has a population of 250,000 and has been judged by Money Magazine as the “best place to live in America” for its quality of life.
Avera Children’s Hospital and Clinic is seeking a BE/BC pediatric surgeon to join a team of pediatric specialists.
- Ideal solo practice with a schedule of 3 weeks on and 1 week off option
- Call coverage at one hospital with no trauma and no oncology call
- The Avera Children’s team consists of over 20 pediatric specialists
- Clinic and hospital are located adjacent to OR and ED
- Newly renovated OR’s and adjacent to a free standing same day surgery center
- Access to experienced peds surgery staff, peds anesthesia and peds critical care/hospitalist for optimal patient care
- Join a skilled, multi-disciplinary team of registered nurses, nurse practitioners, physician’s assistants, case managers, social workers, dietitians, lactation consultants, patient educators, Child Life Specialist and a Family Support Specialist
- A total of 110 beds are devoted to the care of infants, children and adolescents in our Pediatric Unit (18 bed), PICU (5 bed) and Level III NICU (35 bed) and Avera Behavioral Health Center (52 bed)
- 3 year income guarantee plus production incentives and a generous benefit package
- Avera Children’s Hospital and Clinic is part of Avera Health, the region’s largest and strongest health care network of over 300 facilities.
- For more information our website is: AveraChildrens.org
Avera Medical Group
- Integrated physicians’ network of Avera Health
- More than 1300 professionals providing focused patient care
- Total EMR for longitudinal care
- Avera eCARE leverages interactive video and computer technology to extend specialty services through eICU, eEmergency, eConsult, ePharmacy, eHospitalist, eSeniorCare, eBehavioralHealth and eStroke
Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center
545-bed tertiary care center, recognized for excellence in areas such as stroke and heart care, cancer treatment, emergency and trauma, critical care, neurosciences, bone marrow, kidney and pancreas transplant programs, medical research and teaching programs. One of the nation’s TOP 15 hospitals, earning national awards in patient care, technology, quality initiatives and Magnet Certified nursing staff.
Sioux Falls, SD has been recognized as one of the most business-friendly communities in the nation, as well as a great place to raise a family.
- The economy is strong with area businesses in health services, financial, technology, communications, manufacturing and agribusiness.
- No State Income Tax
- Recreational activities abound in Sioux Falls, thanks to the city’s system of 64 parks intertwined with the Big Sioux River. Host to professional CBA Basketball, NL Baseball and US Hockey League
- Excellent array of educational opportunities for all ages with 24 public elementary schools, four middles schools, 3 public high schools, 16 private school affiliations, 5 universities and a number of business and vocational schools.
- Sioux Falls is a draw area for the arts, entertainment and shopping.
- The community website is: www.siouxfalls.com
Location/Region: Sioux Falls, SD (57105)