Martinrea is seeking applicants for a Weld Engineer at their facility in TUSCALOOSA, Alabama. Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products.
SALARY: $89K - $95K
BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- Establish welding process and quality parameters for MIG (GMAW) and resistance spot welding operations
- Assist in defining and maintaining proper methods and standards for quality and production coming off welding processes
- Establish procedures, processes and testing equipment for destructive and non-destructive testing on resistance & MIG welding applications including cut & etch (macro etch), fillet weld break, transverse tension & guided bend testing with the assistance from the Quality Department
- Work with Design and Manufacturing Engineering and Prototype Departments to fine-tune designs, material selection, documentation, fixtures, and process control to optimize product manufacturability
- Design and develop welding systems and fixtures and participate in FMEA’s
- Study current welding processes for cost reduction and process improvement opportunities
- Develop and implement robotic/automated welding systems
- Research and recommend new ideas and methods to improve welding processes
- Prepare written capital and cost reduction proposals, including cost justifications
- Establish equipment standards required for the Welding Department
- Develop and maintain approved weld training programs
- Develop and maintain a Preventative Maintenance Program on all welding and robotic systems
- Assist in Metallurgical Studies that must be performed
- Manage MIG (GMAW) & resistance welding consumables & weld equipment spare parts
- Conduct weld lobe studies to optimize welding processes
- Responsible for welding dimensional process capability for new and existing processes
- Identify and implement fail-safe welding systems to eliminate discrepant processes and parts
- Participate in New Product Development activities to incorporate Design for Manufacture concepts
- Perform special assignments and other duties as determined by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Martinrea Employee Handbook
- Experience in destructive and non-destructive weld testing
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with designing and programming robotic/automated welding systems a plus
- Minimum 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelors of Science in Welding Engineering Technology or an additional 4 years’ experience
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certification a plus
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement.
- Supplier discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Should you have special needs that require reasonable accommodations, please notify AIDT at 334-280-4400 so proper arrangements can be made. For Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) users, our number is 334-280-4475.
Location/Region: Northport, AL