At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With Cell Therapies in early evolution and BMS’s continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
The SVP, Head of Cell Therapy Development will oversee all late stage development activities for cellular therapy in pursuit of developing therapeutic solutions for patients
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Reporting directly to the Chief Medical Officer, this individual will be responsible for leading the Cellular Therapy Development organization, comprising of development team leads, clinical scientists, and clinical development heads (6 direct reports)
- Member of Leadership Team; will interface with the senior leadership team, as appropriate, to discuss clinical plans and progress
- Member of the Cell Therapy Franchise Leadership Team
- Hold primary accountability for the quality, competitiveness and timeliness for all clinical studies across the cellular therapy portfolio
- Partner closely with colleagues in Research, Translational Medicine, and Early Development to transition programs to late stage studies using cutting edge scientific principles, Regulatory Affairs & Pharmacovigilance to prepare clinical information to be communicated to the FDA, and Commercial & Medical Affairs to ensure a tight continuum of strategy through to execution
- Recruit, develop, and lead the best-in-class development talent with a mindset of self-growth and enabling the growth of others
- Develop and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders, including thought leaders, advocacy, and disease organizations
- Implement innovative, cutting edge trial strategies and techniques to drive success and efficiency
- A respected cellular therapy expert with an MD degree (or combined MD/PhD) and 10+ years of relevant drug development experience, with a proven track record of successful drug development resulting in global regulatory approvals
- Experience and familiarity working directly with the FDA and other regulatory bodies
- Proven leadership experience and success with building and developing teams
- Medical Degree (MD) with experience in Hematology/Oncology; preferably board-certified hematologist/oncologist. Additional advanced degrees a plus
- Strong industry knowledge of disease states across Hematology or Solid Tumors and the marketplace is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of competitive products and their application.
- Strong expertise in the conduct of clinical trials in hematology/oncology, with proficiency in critical data review and interpretation.
- Product lifecycle management experience highly preferred.
- Creation and management of successful cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams in changing competitive environment, changing product technology, changing customer needs.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, including presentations to large groups, facilitation of interactive discussions, and 1:1 discussions with thought leaders.
- Demonstrated customer focus orientation & credibility with customers.
- Knowledge/application of data sources, reports and tools for the creation of solid plans.
- Lead change with agility; identify and create distinctive, game-changing opportunities that lead to higher global organizational performance.
- Exhibit enterprise mindset to achieve results; act with speed, conviction and a sense of urgency to achieve critical priorities
- Develop talent; use understanding of strategic requirements to identify future talent needs and puts plans in place to address them. Continuously scan external networks for talent with key capabilities for the organization and is proactive in creating opportunities to attract external talent.
- Authentically lead with character; achieve exceptional results by understanding others’ styles, thoughts, backgrounds and approaches and knows how to leverage, value and excite them.
- Ability to effectively manage teams of peers, e.g. matrix leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to successfully manage a diverse work group, motivate and maximize productivity.
- Possess strong business acumen and financial skills with prior P&L experience or budget experience (is a plus)
- Prior experience in an international environment (is a plus).
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there is no better place than Bristol Myers leading our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients’ lives through science.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Candidates interested in confidentially connecting to learn more about this opportunity can contact Mark Donnelly, Associate Director Executive Talent Acquisition for Global Drug Development, at
. Mr. Donnelly can be available at your convenience to share additional details, answer any questions you have, and see if there is a mutual interest.
NO SOLICITATIONS FROM THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS OR VENDORS.
Location/Region: Summit, NJ