Who we are:
Ceramedix is a growing, privately- and government-funded biotechnology company developing a new class of tissue protection and repair medicines pioneered by leading scientific and clinical experts in these areas. Our drug candidates represent a novel class of immunomodulator that enables the immune system to fight disease without collateral damage to host tissues.
Our scientific founders at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York have formed a deep, mechanistic understanding of a novel signaling biology that drives tissue injury in a broad range of medically relevant settings. We believe our drug candidates will have application for treating multiple inflammatory and immune-mediated diseases, including those that affect the vascular endothelium, eye, lung and other organs. We are located in New York City.
Who we are looking for:
Ceramedix is seeking an experienced program manager. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative start-up environment with a willingness and ability to successfully take on new challenges.
This individual will collaborate to establish and execute the program management practices at Ceramedix. They will help drive our current and future programs to IND and beyond. The Director will report to the Chief Operating Officer initially, and will work closely with the Controller, and other key stakeholders engaged in program development and execution, including third party vendors, scientific collaborators at academic institutions, and entities within the federal government.
We envision this role to have an impact on plans, policies and development of objectives, as well as monitoring performance against goals.
Key areas of responsibility:
The Director, using program management knowledge and experience in the drug development industry, will oversee planning and execution, including:
- Provide project management support for programs and development functions (pre-clinical, CMC, regulatory, IND prep, etc.) as needed
- Develop and manage program timelines, risk mitigation plans, budgets, and Target Product Profiles (TPP) for specific drug development program objectives
- Facilitate achievement of goals for programs and monitor ongoing progress of key project results against Ceramedix’ overall goals by identifying potential risks and contingency plans
- Determine objectives, work on abstract problems across functional areas of the business to ensure the operation of all major activities with the organization
- Proactively identify potential risks and work with teams to develop risk mitigation plans and viable solutions
- Act as a key liaison between Ceramedix and external stakeholders and vendors preparing major presentations for joint meetings effecting important business decisions; Responsible for driving decision making
- Manage team meetings including the preparation of appropriate agendas and coordinate action plan implementation
- Generate program status updates and program review communications (TPP, Clinical Development Plan, CMC/Product Development Plan)
- Create and manage an integrated timeline and corresponding budget for programs; work with team to maintain the timeline as current and manage budgetary spends
- Support the COO and other stakeholders in development of integrated development plans across the portfolio
- As needed develop, build, and maintain productive alliance management culture addressing development, commercial and business challenges
- Help develop program management systems and best practices to be applied consistently across projects
Education and required experience:
- BS or MS degree
- 10+ years of relevant dynamic project/program management experience
- 3+ years of experience at a fast-paced, innovative biotech/pharma company preferred
- Extensive technical expertise in drug development
- You are a team leader and work efficiently within a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong leadership skills including cross-functional team integration and advising
- Passionate and mission-driven professional to help us build effective teams and drive drug development programs/projects
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders
- Proven ability to distill complex plans across multiple programs into an intuitive, simple, and clear communication to facilitate prioritization and resourcing
- Independently motivated, detail oriented, and great problem-solving ability
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience
- Health benefits
- Equity participation
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunities for growth
Ceramedix is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: New York