Hummingbird Bioscience is an innovative biotherapeutics company focused on the discovery and development of new breakthrough therapies. Hummingbird is building a broad pipeline of first and best-in-class drug candidates across multiple challenging targets with strong biological validation and disease association, including lead assets: HMBD-001, an anti-HER3 antibody, and HMBD-002, an anti-VISTA antibody, for the treatment of cancer.
Hummingbird is well funded by global venture capital has established strategic collaborations with Cancer Research UK and Amgen, and has been awarded a product development grant from the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas.
- Develop strong knowledge of the pathogenesis of diseases pertaining to pipeline projects
- Derive mechanistic insights from human biomarker studies and clinical papers
- Establish therapeutic link to human disease to rationalize therapeutic approach
- Develop disease positioning and Target Product Profiles to inform program decisions
- Contribute to building differentiation hypotheses to support generation of pharmacology package and clinical PoC planning
- Research biomarker technologies and execute on clinical biomarker plans as needed
- Inform discovery and development teams on emerging competitor data and implications to our programs
- Manage external research activities through CROs and collaborators
- Develop scientific content for Science team and C-level on mechanisms of disease, drug targets and other ad hoc hot topics
- Chase up ideas for innovation
- Strong scientific background with a Ph.D. at least 3 years of industry experience
- A strong immunology background is required
- Experience with the clinical application of pharmacodynamic and patient selection biomarkers preferred
- Must be able proficient at Powerpoint with strong written communication skills
- Strong data interpretation skills including clinical studies (or willing to be trained)
- Position is based in Houston, TX but can be remote for the right candidate
- Self-directed, critical thinker, credible, intellectually curious and track record of performing excellent science.
- Ability to balance execution of multiple tasks to accomplish program goals
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources
- Adaptable, open to ‘wearing multiple hats’ and willing to be trained in different facets of the industry
Location/Region: Houston, TX