Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Generate reports as needed for an audit, tax, and legal filings (including all aspects of financial reporting as it relates to equity plans, i.e. 10-Q, 10-K, and 14A filings).
- Coordinate with and oversee outside counsel and other vendors in support of the equity plans.
- Coordinate and provide adequate information and timely responses related to equity transactions with finance, HR, and legal departments to ensure effective transaction processing.
- Communicate with payroll to ensure proper tax withholding, accounting, and compliance
- Reconcile shares related to stock plan transactions on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis with Finance, the transfer agent, and brokers, including an audit of plan reserve balances.
- Execute independent legal judgment in reviewing and approving numerous operational contracts.
- Own the company’s contract lifecycle process.
- Support the rest of the Legal team on intellectual property, contract, and corporate matters.
The Team You’ll Join
- Work across the organization with members from Legal, Business Development, Finance, Corporate Development, and Operations.
- Join a small & responsive team of legal professionals, with significant opportunities to expand into new areas of responsibility as interests and opportunities allow.
- Interact meaningfully with all levels of the company.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years corporate paralegal experience at a law firm, in-house legal department, or a combination of both; strong preference for candidates with Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification.
- Ability to communicate with all levels (including executive management and Board of Directors) and explain stock options, restricted stock units, deferred stock units, employee stock purchase plan, and other equity programs.
- Preference for individuals with familiarity with implementation and configuration experience with contract lifecycle management solutions
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our headquarters*
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Recursion does this by combining automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, in vivo validation capabilities and a highly cross-functional team to discover novel medicines that expand our collective understanding of biology. Recursion’s rich, relatable database of over 4 petabytes of biological images generated in-house on the company’s robotics platform enables advanced machine learning approaches to reveal drug candidates, mechanisms of action, novel chemistry, and potential toxicity, with the eventual goal of decoding biology and advancing new therapeutics that radically improve people’s lives. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
About this company
We are a company at the intersection of technology and life sciences that prioritizes impact, inclusion and cross-functional collaboration with the intention of radically improving the lives of patients and our people.
At Recursion you will find an environment where you can do your best work and be supported and challenged by colleagues to solve some of the hardest and most meaningful problems facing humanity today.