As an integral member of the research team, the Research Assistant will perform a variety of duties in support of a health research study including recruiting study participants, administering informed consent, managing sample collection, and collecting, as well as collecting human and animal samples, documenting, and managing data.
Specific duties will include but are not limited to:
1. Recruit participants for a research study
2. Participate in other recruitment activities including putting up flyers in the community/clinic, attending and announcing the study in meetings, and/or using other established methods of communication in the community
3. Administer informed consent including describing study procedures as well as risks and benefits of participation to study participants
4. Collect all data and samples related to the study and work with the Project Manager to ensure all activities are completed
5. Maintain electronic and paper project files, conduct mail merges, and track payment processing; this includes the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and other computer applications
6. Complete follow-up of participants in person (in clinic, at the participants’ home, in the office, or other desired location), using web-based tools, by phone, and by mail
7. Process and manage specimens collected for the study. May perform other duties incidental to research activities as assigned.
Inclusiveness and diversity are critical to the success of the College of Sciences and the University. The selected candidate will be expected to foster an environment that is supportive and welcoming of all groups.
Location/Region: Raleigh, NC (27695)