Reporting to the Black Ensemble Theater’s President/CEO, the Vice President of Development will be responsible for the leadership, direction and management of the fundraising goals for the Black Ensemble Theater. Under the direction of the President/CEO, the Director of Development will determine strategies, goals and objectives to fulfill the mission and vision of the Black Ensemble Theater.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Develop, lead, manage and execute the theater’s fundraising strategies for the annual fund and capital campaign.
- Direct and implement all development activities including donor acquisition, prospect research, corporate, foundation and government relations and grantsmanship, major gifts and lower-level individual contributions, special events, and other sources.
- Direct the research, implementation, and management of development programs for special gifts and sponsorship solicitation.
- Grant writing and research.
- Oversee and direct the financial administration of contributed income including maintaining systems, databases, software and donor/prospect records as well providing timely and thorough reports to the Executive Director.
- Lead development staff (1 – 2).
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with donors, prospects, and philanthropic community.
- Work closely with the development and campaign committee as well as the board of directors.
- Participate in strategic planning functions.
- Serve as an articulate, enthusiastic and visible spokesperson for the Black Ensemble Theater.
- Prepare and manage the development department budget and evaluate annually the effectiveness of development programs including cost analysis.
Location/Region: Chicago, IL (60640)