SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LAUNCH ENGINEER, SPACECRAFT INTEGRATION (FAIRINGS)
- Work on the cutting edge of reusable rocket technology as you develop methods for rapid and reliable processing and re-flight of fairings recovered from the edge of space
- Provide engineering support to the following efforts: fairing refurbishment, re-flight and new production fairing processing
- Develop and execute procedures for the checkout of SpaceX fairing flight hardware and ground support equipment
- Closely collaborate with engineering staff from other departments and highly skilled technicians on a daily basis
- Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, physics, aerospace engineering, or other engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience with complex, multi-disciplinary system assemblies (past work experience, internships, team/personal projects with aerospace vehicles/payloads, automotive, aircraft, marine assemblies qualify)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in or hands-on experience with one or more of the following: launch vehicle or spacecraft integration; operations in 100,000 class or better clean rooms; test operations with gases/fluids; data acquisition setup and field measurements
- Experience in writing test plans and test procedures
- Ability to rapidly change roles and responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with a wide range of people
- Ability to be diplomatic with a variety of individuals across the organizational infrastructure
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Ability to work at elevated heights and/or tight spaces
- Must be willing to travel, potentially for extended periods of time
- Physical effort including standing, lifting and carrying moderately heavy materials or equipment (15 to 35 lbs)
- Work occasionally performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work extended hours, nights and weekends when required by mission milestones
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location/Region: Cape Canaveral, FL