Provide benefits support for all levels of the organization including HGS (USA) LLC, HGS EBOS LLC, HGSI, and all other entities including joint ventures. Ensure all benefit documentation is entered, maintained and accurate. Additionally, this position would assist with other HR functions, such as payroll support, and other HR projects.
*CANDIDATES MUST CURRENTLY BE BASED IN PEORIA TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION!*
Typically Reports To: Manager, Human Resources/Payroll
Typical Reports: N/A
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter and maintain all employee medical benefits and voluntary benefits changes in internal and vendor systems including the providing employees with proof of coverage and benefit id cards
- Conduct regular audit of data entry and paperwork using system reports to ensure accuracy of information in internal and vendor systems.
- Work with vendors and broker for all Affordable Care Act changes, reports, and filing such 1094 and 1095.
- Provide internal Affordable Care Act information for compliance and employee medical benefits with employee status changes and look back periods.
- Generate monthly voluntary benefit confirmation letters and send to employees on timely basis with enough time for corrections to be made.
- Process all medical benefits and voluntary benefits invoices, funding requests, and manage vendor demographics by importing data into vendor systems.
- Communicate with employees, management, payroll and vendors to answer questions and resolve benefit issues, escalating issues to Human Resources/Payroll Manager as appropriate.
- Provide day to day payroll processing and serve as back up for all functions.
- Respond to all state Medical support notices to determine if eligible for benefits, enter information into systems, and effectively communicate to employees.
- Process all worker’s compensation claims, be the worker’s compensation liaison with HGS and vendor, process all inquiries for worker’s compensation, direct all medical invoices to vendor and employee file, update all OSHA information/logs in internal system, and create quarterly reports for management on worker’s compensation.
- Assist HR In Business with all FMLA requests or information as needed.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned. In addition to the above, all HGS employees are expected to:
* Promote teamwork and cooperative effort. * Help train and give guidance to other HGS employees. * Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, and practice good safety habits. * Provide internal and external customers with the highest quality service.
Minimum jOB Requirements: (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High school degree required; Associates degree or some college preferred.
- Minimum of 2 -4 years experience in the HR field, to include previous experience with automated payroll and HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced knowledge in the following computer applications: Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills including competency with mathematics and logic.
- Knowledge of benefit laws and regulations preferred
- Demonstrate high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Decision making ability to select appropriate precedent rules, or procedures from a number of alternatives.
- Organized, flexible, detail-oriented, performs tasks simultaneously, and ability to prioritize.
Uses Sound Judgment & Makes Decisions Wisely
Asks questions of team members and managers to identify critical issues. Understands the impact of a decision on customers and HGS. Knows when to seek direction with an issue or problem and/or to gain understanding about the impact of an action or decision.
Proactively seeks solutions to problems before being asked. Initiates self-development efforts and seeks job enrichment opportunities.
Participates on cross functional teams. Provides knowledge about multiple projects, products and/or customers to increase team member understanding. Helps others improve individual contributions as a team member.
Listens and converses with a variety of audiences. Extracts key issues from others by asking the right questions. Able to present information and ideas in a cohesive and logical manner.
Takes accountability for own progress and seeks to continually improve. Responds to others’ varying needs. Appreciates differences among team members.
Identifies opportunities to exceed the expectations of customers. Establishes and nurtures strong sustainable collaborative relationships with internal and external customers. Designs internal work processes to improve customer service. Adds value to the organization by providing exemplary customer service. Follows up, gets help from others when necessary.
Location/Region: Chicago, IL