Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Researching, scrubbing, cleansing and formatting required data per business need
- Analyze existing queries for performance improvements
- Suggest/write new queries per business requirement
- Develop, implement and optimize SQL quiries, stored procedures and functions using T-SQL/PL-SQL
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Provide timely scheduled management reporting
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements
- Build appropriate and useful reporting deliverables
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes with programming language and tools such as Alteryx, SSIS
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Produce scalable, replicable code and engineering solutions that help automate repetitive data management tasks
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
Careers with Optum.
- Bachelor's degree or High School Diploma and 4+ years of required experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Analyst / Database Develover
- Designing and Developing queries using SSIS
- Analizing, interpreting and enhancing existing reports per business need
- SSIS / SSRS / database Knowledge
- Experience in data analytics or data analytics certification / training
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to build and optimize data sets
- Advnaced knowledge/experience with MS Excel
- Ability to build processes that support data transformation, workload management, data structures
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques
- Solid written / verbal communication skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: SQL; SSIS, Data, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ