To enhance, every day, the health of our patients, our families and our communities.
MaineGeneral Medical Center’s Physiatry and Pain Management practice located in Augusta, Maine is seeking a board certified or board eligible, full-time general Physiatrist to join their collaborative team of three physicians, four nurse practitioners, a psychologist, RN’s and medical assistants.
In this fast-paced, outpatient setting, the qualified candidate will:
- Be able to treat the whole person rather than focusing solely on the area of pain and injury.
- Be able to listen to patients and take the extra time to answer their questions.
- Have a broad knowledge of community resources for physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics, counseling and other medical specialties necessary for comprehensive patient care.
- Work collaboratively with other providers and specialties.
- Work in partnership with the patient to determine realistic short-and long-term goals with patients.
- Be able to work with patients to find relief from pain, achieve successes in rehabilitation or exercise programs, overcome setbacks, and reassess goals when necessary.
- Be knowledgeable about and able to manage controlled substances.
- Be willing to work on the inpatient rehabilitation unit as needed.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am-4:30pm, including an hour of administrative time daily. Rotating call responsibility once per month.
Benefits of practicing at MaineGeneral include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental benefits
- Educational loan repayment program
- Continuing medical education (time and dollars)
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plans
MaineGeneral Health is Kennebec Valley’s largest private employer with a strong commitment to positively impact the health of the community each day through services and involvement. Live and work amidst the beauty of scenic central Maine where you are only a short drive away from ski resorts, lakes and rivers, award-winning golf courses, abundant hiking, and the beautiful Maine coast.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic, are encouraged to apply.
Location/Region: Augusta, ME (04330)