WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Interventional Cardiologist who specializes in Invasive -Intervention with a passion for PCI and Peripheral vascular procedures to join us at Franciscan Health Heart Center Michigan City located in Michigan City, Indiana with outreach to LaPorte and Chesterton, IN.
WHAT WE NEED:
Ideal candidate will have a passion for PCI and peripheral vascular procedures, clinical excellence, and patient satisfaction. Candidate will display exceptional interpersonal skills and desire to develop strong ties with the community and existing medical staff. Physician will need to work collaboratively with all physicians and staff members within our Cardiology service line to coordinate and deliver the highest quality of patient care.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Two weeks per month in clinic Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Every other Thursday, 8:00 – 5:00 p.m. at outreach to Chesterton, IN
- Two weeks per month rounding in hospital: Monday – Friday
- STEMI Call 1:3
- Call: 10 days of call per month
- Average outpatient volume: 15 - 20 patients per day
- Average rounding volume: 10 – 15 patients per day
- Outreach to LaPorte & Chesterton, IN
- Telehealth offered
- Common Procedures Performed:
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure
- Cardiac angioplasty and stent placement, including drug eluting stents
- Rotational atherectomy
- Carotid stenting
- Peripheral vascular procedures
- State-of-the-art labs:
- Phillips systems which includes the Flex vision screens with the most updated software package including clarity software and availability of nine data out ports providing connection to TEE/CCTA’s images on the Flex vision screens
- Minimal travel to outreach locations <1 hour from main campus
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health’s hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes over 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers.
With 13 hospitals, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence. Franciscan Health takes pride in providing compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous start-up and retention bonuses; relocation allowance
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Nestled along the shores of Lake Michigan and the Indiana Dunes National Park, La Porte and Porter Counties merge the best of small-town friendliness with easy access to Chicago – less than 60 miles away. Known for its miles of waterfront beaches and property, you can live in amenity rich communities where affordable living options abound.
Stroll along the fresh-water beaches, harbors and lighthouses or immerse yourself in water sports. The area boasts four beautiful seasons and year-round recreational activities such as camping, hiking and biking, award-wining breweries and wineries, a charming lake-side zoo, art festivals, casino and outlet shopping mall.
The regional economy is a diverse mix of agriculture, healthcare, manufacturing and tourism. The area is home to outstanding educational programs – including the state’s first construction trade apprenticeship program and energy academy. Not to mention colleges and universities including Valparaiso University, Purdue University, Indiana University and the University of Norte Dame, all within an hours’ drive.
Let us show you why we love where we live!
- Harbor Country
- Harbor Country Adventures
- Indiana Dunes National Park
- Indiana Dunes Travel Guide
- Valparaiso International Center
- Visit Chicago
- Visit Michigan City La Porte
- Visit the South Shore, Chesterton
- Visit the South Shore, Valparaiso
Location/Region: Michigan City, IN (46360)