- The Vice President, Market Access is responsible for maximizing access, sales, and profitability of Lundbeck products through third party channels. S/he leads the market access field account management teams, access marketing, in-house and 3rd party field reimbursement specialists as well as pricing and contracting strategy.
- Build a compliance culture and ensure compliance with relevant laws in the U.S.
- Develop and manage the long-term strategy, plan and budget for market access
- Lead the field market access teams along with contracting and pricing strategy
- Oversee payer strategies to meet full portfolio and brand objectives
- Partner with Marketing & HEOR/Medical Affairs and International colleagues to develop product value propositions, evidence generation plans, messaging, and supporting economic analyses/models.
- Anticipate and prepare the organization to be most effective in an evolving healthcare landscape including the optimization of resource deployment, value-based messaging, and pricing/contracting strategies to maximize profitability
- Engage as appropriate with payers and specialty pharmacy partnerships to maximize relationship value for Lundbeck and all stakeholders in the value chain
- Drive a patient centric culture with team members who are courageous, ambitious, passionate and responsible
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Collaborate with all key stakeholders in compliance, finance, human resources, legal, marketing, operations, sales, R&D, and any other key partners
- Lead regular discussions with internal and external partners, to ensure coordinated approaches to coverage and reimbursement issues & oversees day to day operations of all access and reimbursement support services for company’s products.
- Provide pricing and market access support for in-licensing and out-licensing business development initiatives
- Be a strong and visible leader ensuring good business conduct and adherence with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies
- Effectively manages ambiguity and ensures accountability within market access and other key stakeholders
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Accredited Bachelor’s Degree
- 15+ years commercial experience in market access, sales, marketing or operations
- 10+ years in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or healthcare industry with leadership experience and strong working knowledge of medical and pharmacy benefits
- Understanding and working knowledge of pricing, contracting and reimbursement processes, laws, and regulations.
- Experience leading geographically distributed teams
- Proven ability to collaborate cross functionally on strategy and tactical pull-through of key deliverable
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Accredited Master’s Degree
- Sales people leadership experience
- Experience leading payer and access marketing, patient support, trade and distribution
- Willingness to travel up to 40% domestically. International travel may be required.
Location/Region: Greater Chicago Area