About the Position:
The University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center (UH-SCC) is seeking for a full-time Clinical Medical Physicist to join an exciting and growing ACR accredited Radiation Oncology Department. In this role, you will provide clinical services for both external beam including IMRT, VMAT, TBI, TSEI, IGRT, and SBRT programs to assure the safe, effective and accurate delivery of radiation therapy. You will also provide research and educational services in support of the institutional mission. This current opening is for two locations (40% at main campus in Cleveland and 60% at a satellite center in Salem).
About the Department:
The Radiation Oncology team at UH-SCC consists of 20 physicians, 20 physicists, seven MD residents, three physics residents, 14 dosimetrists, and 40 therapists spreading over 11 facilities, including the main campus in Cleveland. We treat approximately 300 patients per day. Major treatment equipment includes 15 Linacs (both Varian’s and Elekta’s), one Mobetron IORT, three HDR Brachytherapy Units, three LDR Brachytherapy Systems, one Gamma Knife and a single-room Proton Therapy Unit.
- MS or PhD in Medical Physics, Physics, Engineering or related basic science.
- At least three years of clinical experience in radiation oncology physics.
- ABR certified or eligible for ABR certification in Therapeutic Radiological Physics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Philips’ Pinnacle TPS, Elekta’s Oncentra TPS, MIM, RadCalc and Mosaiq R&V is desirable.
Location/Region: Salem, OH (44460)