Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE), an S&P 500® urban office REIT, is the first and longest-tenured owner, operator, and developer uniquely focused on collaborative life science, technology and agtech campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has since established a significant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. The company has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A properties clustered in urban life science, technology, and agtech campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. For more information, please visit www.are.com.
Alexandria LaunchLabs® is the premier platform dramatically accelerating the growth of early-stage agtech and life science startups. With its flagship site at the Alexandria Center® for Life Science – New York City and its Cambridge site at the Alexandria Center® at One Kendall Square, Alexandria LaunchLabs provides move-in ready laboratory/office space, shared equipment, first-in-class support resources, access to startup capital, and engagement with Alexandria’s world-class network. Alexandria LaunchLabsÒ-AgTech – Research Triangle our agtech focused platform, is active in Research Triangle Park, NC. For more information, please visit www.alexandrialaunchlabs.com.
We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial-minded individual with a background in early-stage agtech to join our world class team as the Director of Alexandria LaunchLabs-AgTech in the Research Triangle. The ideal candidate will have experience in startup company growth and/or early-stage investing with a scientific background related to agricultural technologies.
The Director will serve as a key point of contact for all Alexandria LaunchLabs-AgTech member companies and will oversee all operations and management of the LaunchLabs site. Additionally, the Director will be responsible for promoting the LaunchLabs brand across the agtech ecosystem. Below is a description of necessary competencies and expected roles and responsibilities.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, marital or registered domestic partner status, family-care status, veteran or military status, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with LaunchLabs-AgTech member companies and individual members.
- Track member company progress and assist in the growth and development of the Alexandria LaunchLabs-AgTech member companies.
- Maintain a strong presence and network throughout the Research Triangle agtech ecosystem and beyond.
- Be a LaunchLab-AgTech brand ambassador.
- General operational oversight and management of the LaunchLabs-AgTech site, including coordination with Alexandria staff on license/lease administration, accounting, and all business matters related to the day-to-day operations.
- Develop and maintain operating budgets and related financial reports.
- Work with the Alexandria LaunchLabs-AgTech Lab Operations Manager and team on procurement, maintenance, layouts, and other activities for the space.
- Direct LaunchLabs-AgTech support staff.
- Report on overall status of the Alexandria LaunchLabs-AgTech site to Alexandria’s senior leadership team.
- Work with Alexandria Events team and the Alexandria LaunchLabs-AgTech team to plan and execute events and strategic programming for Alexandria LaunchLabs-AgTech member companies.
- Engage with the Alexandria leasing team to attract new agtech companies to the Research Triangle region
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related field required, Masters or PhD preferred.
- Experience in the agtech, animal health, or food tech space.
- Exposure to early-stage company creation, venture investment, finance and/or related activities.
- Strong operational experience required.
- Prior experience running a co-working environment or with an agtech startup preferred
- Strong connections across the Research Triangle ag ecosystem (universities, venture community, companies, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively.
- Organizational skills and meticulous documentation required.
Location/Region: Durham, NC