SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
RF ENGINEER (STARLINK)
Starlink believes in providing fast, reliable internet to serve populations with little or no connectivity. We design, build, and launch the world’s largest constellation of satellites, enabling us to operate a global internet network unbounded by traditional ground infrastructure limitations. Want to help build the next era of Internet?
We are looking for creative and driven RF engineers to spearhead the development, automation, and manufacturing of millions of devices that we ship directly to customers (Starlink dishes, Wi-Fi routers, etc). Engineers on this team are curious, love to learn new things, and work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs as we strive to deliver high-impact technology on a massive scale.
- Design and run RF tests from initial product development to full scale production
- Partner with electrical, antenna, software, mechanical, and manufacturing teams to design, build, and operate the next generation of Starlink products
- Automate testing and data analysis with software (Python) to accelerate our testing cadence and how quickly we can learn about our antenna designs
- Root cause test failures to uncover ways to increase product performance, reliability, and factory yield
- Support all RF-related production line operations and equipment
- Develop in-house certification equipment, tools, and processes
- Develop methods to evaluate the field performance of Starlink products that inform factory improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or other engineering degree
- Experience with RF test equipment, RF measurements, or RF circuit design
- Software development experience in Python, C++, or other object oriented programming language
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, communicate effectively, and work both independently and within a team
- Ability to communicate complex concepts, problems, and solutions clearly and effectively to all levels within the organization
- Solid understanding of RF fundamental engineering principals
- Experience designing or testing phased array antennas
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single and multi-carrier techniques and modulation types such as QPSK, APSK and QAM
- Experience with radio related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator, network analyzers
- Experience testing and troubleshooting WiFi routers, modems, etc.
- Experience characterizing radio performance
- Experience testing products to meet FCC, IEC, ETSI, EU and international standards
- Programming experience (e.g. Python, C/C++, etc.)
- Must be available to work extended hours as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location/Region: Hawthorne, CA