SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
STARLINK TEST ENGINEER (ION PROPULSION)
We are looking for a test engineer for our satellite ion propulsion system. This engineer would work on a small team and would be responsible for solving systemic production issues of integrated hardware, running root cause of failures from end to end, and working to drive process changes for continually improving product quality.
- Develop automated satellite ion propulsion hot fire test system (high vacuum) infrastructure roadmap
- Drive robust test system designs and develop infrastructure to improve reliability and maintainability of test systems
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts
- Troubleshoot and disposition failed systems, facilitate debugging and drive root cause and corrective actions of failures
- Drive the recovery of discrepant hardware discovered during integrated hardware testing
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience with hardware development or electronics test engineering via professional experience, internships, research and/or outside the classroom projects
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency with programming and automation/scripting languages (Python, C++, SQL, Matlab)
- Experience with automated production test systems/executives
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative design environment within the consumer electronics, mobile handset, medical device, aerospace, marine or automotive industries
- Experience with electro-mechanical and vehicle manufacturing processes and assembly
- Experience with electric propulsion systems
- Ability to fabricate high pressure plumbing systems, including: tube flaring, tube bending, and cone-&-threading
- Schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility required
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%. Position is based in Redmond, WA, however work at other SpaceX facilities for extended periods for similar work may be required
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as need
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Location/Region: Redmond, WA