KnowBe4, Inc. is the provider of the world's largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last five years.
****This position is located in Clearwater, FL and is only temporarily remote due to current COVID restrictions.*****
The Paralegal – Securities and Corporate Governance will be in charge of implementing key securities exchange regulations procedures for the company and will be responsible for handling compliance matters related to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other legal and regulatory requirements. Additionally, the SEC Paralegal will handle all routine corporate filings for the company.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for various duties as it relates to being a public company, including, but not limited to, maintaining Section 16 officer and director stock ownership records; preparing and submitting Section 16 filings; assisting the General Counsel and VP of SEC Reporting with preparation and filing of various SEC and NASDAQ reports; assisting with secretarial functions for the company and its global subsidiaries, including the maintenance of records, resolutions and minutes.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of SEC ‘34 Act materials, including S-8 registration statements, Form 144, Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements (including shareholder proposals and proxy solicitations), Section 16 reporting (including Forms 3, 4 and 5) and filings within Workiva
- Support officers and executives regarding Rule 10b5-1 plans and compliance, pre-clearance of trades and monitoring trades
- Research, review and execution of administrative details in securities laws
- Complete Form ID to obtain EDGAR access codes for any new executives and/or directors.
- Assist with notifications to NASDAQ and administration of relationship
- Assist with insider trading policy compliance and notifications
- Assist with the preparation of D&O questionnaires
- Review external communications during quiet periods
- Assist with global entity requirements management
- Administer Board portal solution and assist in preparation of management presentations for Board collaboration
- Assist General Counsel, CFO and other executives with board prep, minute book, corporate governance, policy management and shareholder and proxy advisory firm outreach
- Coordinate signatures, notarizations and legalization of various legal documents
- Prepare power of attorneys, secretary’s certificates and incumbency certificates
- Manage and maintain corporate entity organizational charts, records and ensure data integrity of all information pertaining to subsidiaries
- Assist Legal Team in the implementation of policies and procedures relating to corporate governance
- Respond to general requests from other departments as necessary
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and/or Paralegal certification. Notary certification a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in securities and corporate governance working with, or at, public companies
- Exposure to web-based Board portal software
- Familiarity with Delaware corporate law and NASDAQ (or equivalent) rules a plus
- NALA certified paralegal (or equivalent) preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships between the organization’s business units
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to handle high volumes of work at a fast pace
- Experience filing in Workiva or equivalent
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
No recruitment agencies, please.