POSITION POSTED: APRIL 7, 2021
SALARY RANGE: $90,000 - $135,000 (SA III)
What Your Job Will Be Like
If your passion is diversity, and-shaping the equity and inclusion of an organizations culture, then we may have just the opportunity for you! Jefferson Lab is one of the Department of Energy’s strategic National Laboratories and a world-renowned research center for nuclear physics. We are looking for you to join our team as the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Lead to help advance our core mission, enabling the study of the subatomic world that makes up everything in our universe.
Reporting to the HR Director, you will responsible for driving diversity, inclusion, and related community efforts through a variety of organizational activities including support to JSA’s leadership team, Diversity & Inclusion Council, staff and user community at large. The DEI Program Lead will raise cultural awareness, steer change and position the Lab to adopt best practices. The Jefferson Lab organization consists of more than 750 staff and 1200+ scientific Users, comprising physicists, engineers, computer professionals, technicians and more from over 40+ countries.
Your role will be to lead in the areas of:
- Implementing a comprehensive strategic road-map with the HR Director, D&I Co-Chairs and key -partners
- Providing insight, resources, tools, solutions and actions that increase the organization’s focus on driving action in promoting DEI
- Facilitating partnerships with the local community as well others in the DOE National Laboratory complex to advance knowledge in diversity, equity and inclusion.
On any given day, your scope of responsibilities will include:
- Collaboration with other Human Resources SME’s to provide direction and recommendations from a DEI perspective to ensure cohesive strategy and execution of goals such as recruitment, retention, outreach, AAP, and talent development
- Management of the Exit Interview process, leveraging data and identifying trends to make recommendations that foster a more inclusive work environment
- Providing counsel and research to HR Director and other senior management on the development/review of policies/practices to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion for employees, users, subcontractors, visitors and others on the Lab campus
- Tactfully facilitate employee conversations around topics of diversity, equity and inclusion through a variety of mediums (e.g., employee forums, surveys, and internal company communications)
- Project owner for the annual DEI Report; writing and coordinating comprehensive plan development with stakeholders, tracking activities and progress against prioritized actions
- In partnership with the recruiting team, develop opportunities that expand our diversity, equity and inclusion brand, identify sourcing initiatives that build a proactive pipeline of high caliber, diverse, and well-qualified talent. Participate in external on-site outreach and career fair efforts as appropriate.
- Apply experienced knowledge of EEO/AA laws and regulations to drive successful Affirmative Action Program with the EEO/AA Compliance Officer.
- Partnership with HRIS to develop diversity, equity and inclusion analytics, including tracking metrics, generating diversity, equity and inclusion reporting to show trends, and communicate impact of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Manage and maintain the lab’s DEI website, enhancing content and partner with Communications to broaden the Lab’s social media presence and commitment to an inclusive workforce.
- Position requires some travel, additional duties and responsibilities may be added as this new function evolves.
About Jefferson Lab/JSA
Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (TJNAF) is a world-leading nuclear physics research and development laboratory sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy with an annual operating budget in excess of $100M and 750 employees representing over 40 countries working on a modern research campus in Newport News, VA, which is part of the beautiful, coastal Hampton Roads region. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Great minds doing great things
- New challenges every day
- Continuous learning and growth
- Have fun and give back! From T-shirt contests to the annual ‘Run Around’ or the United Way drive, there is always something happening or a way to get involved.
- Flexible schedules to support work/life balance, generous vacation and sick leave, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401(k), and relocation assistance
- Extraordinary people upholding Community Standards to foster an environment where everyone at the Lab feels safe, welcomed, and supported in advancing our mission.
- Position may initially be remote, but will eventually require on site, local presence
Location/Region: Newport News, VA (23606)