This is a remote position: Open to candidates anywhere in greater United States
The Senior Director, Brand Management is responsible for the overall performance and management of the Trintellix brand. This role will lead the cross-functional brand team and be the key point of decision making to ensure alignment with the brand strategy and performance goals.
Leader of Brand
- Responsible for the overall brand performance of the Trintellix brand. Incorporates internal and external insights to shape brand strategy. Implements and executes cross-functionally to drive results on brand performance goals.
- Leads cross-functional Brand Team. Integrates across functions, continuously measures impact, assess trade-offs and makes decisions independently, when needed.
- Develops a brand strategy that effectively and consistently gains share, including clearly linked objectives, tactics, and resourcing/budget.
- Translates strategy and analyses into action. Takes key insights and develops meaningful, results-oriented plans to ensure achievement of product objectives, as well as sales and profit goals.
- Proactively manages all aspects of alliance partner relationships, including coordination of strategy and execution plans. Shapes strategic and tactical agenda identifies team participation and key decisions in governance processes and committees.
- Provides marketing advice and guidance to other U.S. operating teams to ensure overall sales and marketing effectiveness. Ensures marketing strategy, business objectives and priorities are clearly aligned with cross-functional partners.
- Thorough understanding and proactive monitoring of the external market; quickly adapts approach and adjusts objectives to ensure maximum impact.
- Ensures the Brand Team establishes and manages to the overall budget and brand performance. Aligns investments with brand strategy.
- Deep understanding of payer landscape and proactively integrates this understanding into marketing strategy.
Leader in strategic partnerships
- Global: Partners effectively with global commercial and cross-functional leaders to provide strategic guidance for the brand.
- Alliances: Builds trusted relationships with key stakeholders and alliance partners to ensure mutually agreeable strategy, objectives and tactics.
- External Stakeholders: Promotes strong relationships with customers and patient organizations to ensure that key messages reflect positively on the company and our products.
- Key Opinion Leaders: Builds and leverages relationships with key opinion leaders.
- U.S. Affiliate: Ensures alignment of marketing with US cross-functional teams and builds consensus around goals and objectives, while managing ambiguity and complexity.
Leader of People
- Establishes clear expectations, sets objectives and collaborates to bring cross-functional teams together to drive urgency and prioritization of key initiatives.
- Attracts, develops and retains top talent. Looks to the future and builds long-term development plans for all talent.
- Creates, curates and models a team culture focused on our Beliefs.
- Actively manages and develops talent so that employees feel engaged and committed to Lundbeck and our patients. Ensures employees are provided with coaching and development to maximize business results and personal growth.
- Proactively identifies talent for succession planning and ensures the organization has the required capabilities to achieve current and future business objectives.
- Effective coach: Identifies key strengths to be leveraged within individuals and the team. Identifies and proactively manages performance gaps within individuals and the team.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor's Degree
- 12+ years of commercial leadership experience
- 3+ years of marketing experience
- People management experience
- Successful leader with proven ability to develop a brand strategy which effectively and consistently gains share, including clearly linked objectives, tactics, resourcing/budget
- Proven ability to influence across organizational, geographic and hierarchical boundaries, with or without direct authority. Acts decisively, assess trade-offs quickly, and make decisions independently when needed
- Thorough understanding of medical/clinical aspects of product development (pre- and post-launch), how to leverage novel approaches to data generation (e.g., RWE - real world evidence), and how to integrate these with commercial activities
- Proven success in translating broader strategic objectives into impactful brand plans based on a thorough understanding of industry fundamentals, competitors, partners and trends
- Ability to lead and manage complex projects and issues across a matrix of internal stakeholders
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal, and communication skills. Track record of influencing across the business to drive results and business growth
- Operates in P&L mindset, fluent in pricing and contracting
- Capable of combining flawless execution tactics and an inspirational leadership style, with the ability to build trust and influence others in a partnering environment
- Talent Magnet - demonstrated track record of successful identification, recruitment, development and retention of high-performing talent
- Superior intellectual horsepower, with a combination of mental acuity, creativity, analytical ability and sound judgment
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited MBA or Master's Degree
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Effective profit & Loss (P&L) management experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biopharma or related industry
- Strong understanding of industry manufacturing, supply chain and distribution
- Experience working in a co-commercialization partnership, alliance, and/or joint venture
- Understands how medical and health care systems operate; able to use knowledge to get to second- and third-order insights
- Knowledge of the AMA, ACCME, PhRMA and FDA regulations associated with promotion and industry-supported scientific education activities
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 30% domestically. International travel is required.
The range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado, if selected for this role, and may vary based on various factors such as the candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. Salary Pay Range: $190,000 - $240,000 and eligibility for a 30% bonus target based on company and individual performance, and eligibility to participate in the company's long-term incentive plan. Benefits for this position include flexible paid time off (PTO), health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, and company match 401k. Additional benefits information can be found on our career site.