Baechtel Creek Medical Clinic, an independent family practice rural health clinic, is looking for a physician to join us providing care in the Willits Community. We are looking for 20 or more hours per week and can provide the following:
- Flexible scheduling and vacation
- Partnership with four physicians including our very supportive medical director who has been growing the clinic since 1974
- An excellent, practitioner friendly EMR, Practice Fusion, ranked in the top 3 for practitioner satisfaction since 2018
- Support from an experienced and knowledgeable administrative and nursing staff
- A productivity-based salary with a first-year guarantee
- Varied patient population: 1/3 Medi-Cal, 1/3 Medicare, 1/3 private with plenty of pediatrics (no OB). 1/4 night call and no hospital care.
- The opportunity to work with a scribe if you wish
- A clinic that has consistently been in the top 20 out of 221 primary care practices in the Partnership Health Plan Quality Program.
- Willits is a town of 5,000 that serves a rural population of 15,000. We are 2 ½ hours north of San Francisco and a 45-minute drive to the coast.
- Medically we have a recently built, state of the art, 25 bed critical access hospital that is doing well financially and is staffed by hospitalists.
- Culturally we have both an active environmental center and one of the best 4th of July celebrations and rodeos in California. It is amazing that a small town like ours has an art center with monthly art shows, a theater with live plays, our own radio station, an active local music scene, a bookstore, two newspapers and an organic food store.
- Economically our housing prices are still reasonable. The recent freeway bypass of the town has significantly reduced traffic on Main Street.
Please note that the site is also interested in hiring an NP/PA for 20 or more hours per week.
Location/Region: Willits, CA (95490)