Northpond Ventures is global science-driven venture capital ﬁrm headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, right next to the Bethesda metro stop (DC area). Our mission is to build a better tomorrow.
Our investments are focused on life sciences, technology, and aﬃliated industries. We have $500 million of committed capital and have led over 15 financing since launch in 2018, sitting on the board of directors of the businesses.
A small team (by design), we are looking for individuals who are committed to excellence and want to make a strong contribution to scientiﬁc innovation and humanity. We are at the intersection of science, entrepreneurship, and innovation. Some of our team attributes include: excellence, teamwork, partnership, positivity/optimism, courage, and humility. In addition to a belief in our above mission and team attributes, strong scientific acumen from a leading academic program is a requirement for applicants. All applicants must also reside in the DC area or be willing to relocate.
Northpond Ventures is seeking a motivated and dynamic Life Science Professional to join our team. Ideal candidate has a strong science background with relevant commercial experience in corporate, startup, or venture environments. Key aspects of the role include:
- Origination: Includes attending key industry conferences and events to originate deals
- Sourcing: Source specific deals and interface with management/other key ecosystem players
- Diligence: Conduct technical scientific diligence on investment opportunities in diagnostics, life sciences, therapeutics areas
- Support: Business building and company support including quarterly board meetings
This role is located in Bethesda, MD (DC area), with travel 25-50% of time.
- PhD or equivalent strongly preferred from leading program in relevant science based field (Eg., biochemistry, neuroscience, molecular biology, bioengineering, etc.)
- A passion for business/business building/investing, with natural business instincts and judgment
- 2-7 years relevant work experience
- Scientific expertise for leading edge diligence in areas of diagnostics, life sciences, therapeutics, digital health, environmental sciences
- Team-oriented and ecosystem oriented
- Ability to execute and close individual deals in a manner consistent with Northpond's deal approach
- Long-term oriented with a strong passion and pursuit of our mission
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to both prioritize and handle multiple priorities at once
- High degree of initiative, self-discipline, and motivation and the ability to work collaboratively and eﬀectively as part of a team
- Possesses a positive, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit, and agility to meet the growing needs of our startup VC
Location/Region: Washington D.C.